The Global Peace Foundation is an international non-sectarian, non-partisan, nonprofit organization, which promotes an innovative, values-based approach to peacebuilding, guided by the vision of One Family under God. GPF engages and organizes a global network of public and private-sector partners who develop community, national, and regional peace building models as the foundation for ethical and cohesive societies.
The Global Peace Foundation affirms the importance of universally recognized principles and shared values as essential to building social cohesion within nations and the global community.
Among these principles are:
- All people have intrinsic value, dignity, and fundamental rights, as endowed by the Creator.
- Every person has, as his or her highest attribute, a spiritual and moral essence.
- Our human nature finds its fullest expression and meaning in relation to others.
- People develop their innate potential through their choices and actions. Freedom and responsibility are intrinsically linked.
- Understanding our shared identity and common aspirations as members of the human family establishes the basis for lasting peace. It is the foundation for respect, empathy and shared responsibility beyond the boundaries of ethnicity, religion, and nationality.
Through initiatives that foster peace and social cohesion in 15 countries, the Global Peace Foundation:
- Builds broad awareness of the central importance of universal principles and shared values as the basis for social cohesion and peacebuilding.
- Develops a multi-sector movement of moral and innovative leaders who work in partnership to address the critical issues of conflict and underdevelopment in communities, nations, and regions.
- Empowers families as the primary means of instilling values and promotes an education culture that fosters character and creativity, to guide youth to become ethical global citizens.
- Builds comprehensive, collaborative models of sustainable community and national development that enable all to achieve fulfillment and material well-being.